The eye unit of Kingston Hospital provides comprehensive eye care for people of all ages. Our facilities were recently renovated and upgraded to ensure the highest level of patient care and evidence-based practice.
Our services are:
- Cataract surgery (including phaco-emulsification) and intra-ocular lens (IOL) implant
- Glaucoma and phaco-glaucoma surgeries
- Oculoplastic surgery for correction of droopy lids, aberrant eyelashes, blocked naso-lacrimal ducts and orbital trauma
- Diagnosis and treatment of patients with ophthalmic problems arising from neurological diseases or neurosurgical conditions
- Treatment of patients with vitreo-retinal disease, e.g. retinal detachments or advanced diabetic retinopathy